Friday, October 26, 2007

Sixth sense? Why not something good?

PREMONITION:

1 : previous notice or warning : forewarning
2 : anticipation of an event without conscious reason : presentiment


I'll tell you what's crazy today! So, there Jen and I were walking back to the car from a birthday dinner for Michael (Jen's stepbrother) and on our way back, I just stopped in my tracks about 100ft from my car. "What's wrong?" Jen said. "Something is wrong!" I said. So as I approached the car from the driver's side (which was parked properly between the stalls), I headed to the passenger side of the vehicle (which was impossible for me to see from the direction we were walking). Jen thought I was walking past the car like I have been known to do. "The car is here." She said. "I know. Something is wrong with my car! I don't know what but its something" I responded. As I came around the back end of the car and checked out the passenger's side, there it was, plain as day. A giant "Key scratch" from the right real panel of the car ALL THE WAY to the front panel. Basically, along the entire passenger side of my Chevy Tahoe. SSSHHHIIIITTTT!!!

So, this brings up 2 interesting points. First, how in the name of Nostradamus did I know that something was wrong with my car? and how did I know it was on the passenger side? To this day, I have no idea how. I just knew. I sensed that something was not right. It's like when parents have a feeling that something happened with their kids. What's strange is that I was joking with Jen and talking about who knows what...when it hit me all of a sudden. Call it a 'sixth sense', call it whatever, but it freaked me out when I felt that way and freaked me out even more when I was right! What's strange is that this is not the first time I have been able to predict something happening.

This brings me to my 2nd point. WHO KEYS CARS ANYMORE? What is this? 1984? What kind of juvenile, low-IQ, drunk, no-life having, fu#%nuts feels the need to key someone car for no reason whatsoever? I mean seriously. Who does that? Are you that big of a loser that you need to do this for no reason? I just don't understand people who do this. The good news is that Jen put a "Bad Chi" curse on them so hopefully what comes around, goes around.

Lastly, I have to ask: "Why could I have not 'sensed' when this was going on so I could have taken a maglight to this loser's forehead?" or even better, "Why can I not channel this 'sixth sense' into picking the Mega Lottery numbers?" At least then it would ease my anger...

No comments: